We are searching for individuals that are looking for more than just another job! Frontdesk Agents are able to directly impact not only our guests’ impressions of the hotel, but their perception of the entire city of Chicago. We consider our staff to be one of our most important amenities as we are always willing to provide recommendations, directions, or just a friendly smile to our guests 🙂
As a Frontdesk Agent, your responsibilities might include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Greeting guests and completing the check-in steps. These include confirming guest
booking is correct, collecting/processing credit card and cash payments, coding electronic keys, reviewing property policies, directing guests to their rooms, assisting with luggage as needed, and updating booking in frontdesk system.
● Assisting guests with check-out by confirming bill is paid in full, collecting keys, storing luggage as needed, and updating booking.
● Conversing with guests in a friendly manner, answering guest questions, and providing directions and/or recommendations on popular sites, restaurants, and general things to do and see in Chicago.
● Answering phone inquiries and processing phone reservations through our property management system.
● Monitoring frontdesk email inbox and responding to guest questions or forwarding to proper department.
● Handling guest concerns or complaints and involving manager as necessary.
● Ensuring daily housekeeping manifest is accurate by auditing room statuses.
● Monitoring the lobby and frontdesk area to ensure that all spaces are perfectly clean,
neat, and organized. Light cleaning duties will be required as necessary including emptying trash bins, general tidying up, wiping surfaces, and ensuring paper and office products are in stock.
● Communicating important information or events from your shift to the relieving Frontdesk Agent and providing written summary in internal system.
● Other duties as assigned.
Candidates for this position must be:
● Flexible in duties assigned
● A multi-tasker
● A problem-solver
● Able to work independently and without supervision
● Able to communicate effectively and patiently with international guests (multi-language
fluency a major plus!)
● Knowledgeable about Chicago/Wrigleyville events, restaurants, bars, attractions, sites,
● Computer literate and able to learn frontdesk programs
● High school graduate; some college or college degree preferred
● Able to climb stairs, stand for an entire eight-hour shift, and lift up to 50 pounds
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. We are unable to sponsor applicants for visas.
Pay, Schedule, and Location
This position is based at The Wheelhouse Hotel located at 3475 N. Clark St. Chicago, IL 60657. The starting hourly pay rate is $14.00 and can range to $16.00 depending on prior experience. Shifts are designated as: Morning 7am-3:20pm, Evening 3pm-11:20pm, and Overnight 11pm-7:20am. Applicants will be expected to work 3-5 overnight shifts per week. The exact days of the week will vary with scheduling and business needs. Scheduled hours may vary or change depending upon department needs.
As we are in the hospitality market, it is expected that all applicants are regularly available for scheduled shifts on weekends and holidays. Requested days off are granted according to business needs.
Benefits include time and a half premium paid on holidays, ability to accrue up to 40 hours of paid sick time per year, and full-time employees are eligible to join the company’s group health insurance plan after 60 days (25% coverage, HMO and PPO options available).
Parking is not available at the hotel; we recommend the use of public transportation only.
All hired employees will be required to participate in pre-opening training; these hours will vary from regular shift hours.