As a Frontdesk Agent, your responsibilities might include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Greeting guests and completing the check-in steps. These include confirming guest booking is
correct, collecting/processing credit card and cash payments, coding electronic keys, reviewing property policies, showing guests to their rooms, assisting with luggage as needed, and updating booking in frontdesk system.
● Assisting guests with check-out by confirming bill is paid in full, collecting keys, storing luggage as needed, and updating booking.
● Conversing with guests in a friendly manner, answering guest questions, and providing directions and/or recommendations on popular sites, restaurants, and general things to do and see in Chicago.
● Answering phone inquiries and processing phone reservations through our website.
● Monitoring frontdesk email inbox and responding to guest questions or forwarding to proper
● Handling guest concerns or complaints and involving manager as necessary.
● Ensuring daily housekeeping forecast is accurate by indicating rooms to be cleaned due to
check-out and rooms to be readied for check-in.
● Making regular rounds during your shift to ensure that common areas, kitchen, and washrooms are clean and neat. Light cleaning duties may be required as necessary including emptying trash bins, general tidying up, wiping surfaces, and ensuring paper products are in stock in washrooms.
● Communicating important information or events from your shift to the relieving Frontdesk Agent and providing written summary in internal system.
● Assist with private events; duties would vary based upon the event.
● Other duties as assigned.
Candidates for this position must be:
● Flexible in duties assigned
● A multi-tasker
● A problem-solver
● Able to work independently and without supervision
● Able to communicate effectively and patiently with international guests (multi-language fluency
a major plus!)
● Knowledgeable about Chicago/neighborhood events, restaurants, bars, attractions, sites, and
● Computer literate and able to learn front desk programs
● High school graduate; some college or college degree preferred
● Able to climb stairs and lift up to 50 pounds
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. We are unable to sponsor applicants for visas.
Pay, Schedule, and Location
This position is located at FieldHouse Jones at 312 W. Chestnut St., Chicago, IL, 60610. Shifts are designated as: Morning 7am-3:20pm, Evening 3pm-11:20pm, Swing 9:30am-6pm, and Overnight 11pm-7:20am.
Frontdesk Agents may also be scheduled to assist with private events as they are booked.
As we are in the hospitality market, it is expected that all applicants are regularly available for scheduled shifts on weekends and holidays. Schedules are made up to a month in advance, and requested days off are granted according to business needs. Compensation is hourly; starting rate is between $13 and $14 per hour, based upon experience.