● Ensure that all guest rooms and assigned floor hallways are cleaned daily, prioritizing turnovers and special requests.
● Clean guest rooms and bathrooms using only approved methods, tools, and chemicals and complete cleaning within hotel time standards.
● Clean windows.
● Remove all garbage and dispose of in a sanitary manner.
● Sweep, mop, and vacuum floors.
● Remove soiled linens and make beds according to hotel standards.
● Rearrange furniture and room accessories if out of order.
● Inspect for and report any damaged, missing, or malfunctioning property or equipment.
● Report all items found and turn them in to immediate supervisor.
● Replenish guest room supplies and amenities.
● Restock cart at end of shift to prepare for the next day.
● Operate laundry equipment and be assigned laundry attendant duties when necessary.
● Adhere to all company work rules, policies, and procedures.
● Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to management.
● Assist other team members with their assignments to ensure that all housekeeping work
is completed as quickly as possible each day.
● Greet all guests in a pleasant and friendly manner.
● Assist with questions or direct guests to speak with the frontdesk staff.
● Demonstrate a professional and positive attitude with guests and coworkers.
● Report incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters to manager.
● Other duties as assigned.
Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
All candidates must be:
● Customer service oriented
● Highly responsible and reliable
● A good listener
● Able to work as a team player with minimal supervision
● Able to handle changes and remain calm in stressful situations
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to read and speak basic English.
This job requires continuous movement, ascending or descending stairs, climbing ladders, regularly bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying and moving up to 25 - 30 pounds. Occasionally you may move or lift up to 50 pounds. You must be able to stand, walk, and bend for an entire shift and perform repetitive motions.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. We are unable to sponsor applicants for visas.
Pay, Schedule, and Location
This position is based at The Wheelhouse Hotel located at 3475 N. Clark St. Chicago, IL 60657. The starting hourly pay rate is $12.00 and can range to $13 with previous experience. Expected hours will be 9:30am to 3pm, 3-6 days per week. The exact days of the week will vary with scheduling and business needs. Scheduled hours may vary or change depending upon department needs.
As we are in the hospitality market, it is expected that all applicants are regularly available for scheduled shifts on weekends and holidays. Requested days off are granted according to business needs.
Benefits include time and a half premium paid on holidays, ability to accrue up to 40 hours of paid sick time per year, and full-time employees are eligible to join the company’s group health insurance plan after 60 days (25% coverage, HMO and PPO options available).
Parking is not available at the hotel; we recommend the use of public transportation only.
All hired employees will be required to participate in pre-opening training; these hours will vary from regular shift hours.