● Assist housekeepers and manager to ensure that all housekeeping department tasks are completed quickly and efficiently each day.
● Flexibility in your responsibilities is required; you may be asked to fill in or help out with assignments that are not typical of your routine.
● Perform light maintenance when needed in guest rooms to ensure everything is functioning properly.
● Inventory and replenish items in guest room mini bars.
● Remove trash from housekeeping carts.
● Remove dirty linens from guest rooms.
● Transport dirty linens from guest rooms to laundry room.
● Deliver clean linens needed to each guest room.
● Report to management all emergencies, injuries, missing articles, damages, mechanical problems, and safety hazards.
● Promptly turn over to manager all articles left by guests.
● Walk all assigned spaces at beginning and end of shift. Remove trash and note
any areas that require immediate cleaning.
● Do not leave cleaning cart or cleaning tools in areas that are highly visible to guests.
● Clean public areas including hallways, restrooms, elevator, service areas, stairwells, and
● Always put caution signs out when working in a bathroom or when mopping floors.
● Shovel snow and salt area in front of building.
● Pick up trash from the hotel’s exterior.
● Clean hard to reach areas such as lighting fixtures and air vents.
● Greet all guests in a pleasant and friendly manner.
● Assist with questions or direct guests to speak with the frontdesk staff.
● Demonstrate a professional and positive attitude with guests and coworkers.
● Housekeeping duties as assigned.
● Report incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters to manager.
● Other duties as assigned
Previous hotel or cleaning experience preferred.
All candidates must be:
● Customer service oriented
● Highly responsible and reliable
● A good listener
● Able to work as a team player with minimal supervision
● Able to handle changes and remain calm in stressful situations
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to read and speak basic English.
Physical work is a primary part of this job. The work at times involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. We are unable to sponsor applicants for visas.
Pay, Schedule, and Location
This position is based at The Wheelhouse Hotel located at 3475 N. Clark St. Chicago, IL 60657. The starting hourly pay rate is $13.50 and can range to $15 with previous experience. Expected hours will be 7:30am to 4pm, 2 to 5 days per week. The exact days of the week will vary with scheduling and business needs. Scheduled hours may vary or change depending upon department needs.
As we are in the hospitality market, it is expected that all applicants are regularly available for scheduled shifts on weekends and holidays. Requested days off are granted according to business needs.
Benefits include time and a half premium paid on holidays, ability to accrue up to 40 hours of paid sick time per year, and full-time employees are eligible to join the company’s group health insurance plan after 60 days (25% coverage, HMO and PPO options available).
Parking is not available at the hotel; we recommend the use of public transportation only.