● Wash, dry and fold laundry following proper procedures. Meet or exceed expectations for the number of loads that should be completed each shift.
● Ensure there is always an adequate supply of linen to meet the demand by prioritizing what items need to be laundered first.
● Receive dirty linen from the housekeeping staff and separate it by type.
● Prior to washing, use stain remover to treat items which require it. Some items will
require hand scrubbing to remove stains.
● Separate damaged items, and inform Housekeeping Manager of items that require
● Use only assigned chemicals as directed.
● Follow all safety guidelines, policies and procedures.
● Maintain the laundry room’s organization and cleanliness and keep storage area
clean and organized.
● Remove lint from dryers on a daily basis.
● Immediately report any malfunction of laundry room equipment to Housekeeping
● Serve as Housekeeper on Duty during your shift; assist with any guest housekeeping
● Greet all guests in a pleasant and friendly manner.
● Assist with questions or direct guests to speak with the frontdesk staff.
● Demonstrate a professional and positive attitude with guests and coworkers.
● Report incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters to manager.
● This position will require performing housekeeping duties as necessary and assigned.
Previous housekeeping experience with general knowledge of cleaning chemicals is preferred.
● Physical requirements include extended standing, walking, bending, reaching, pulling and pushing of items weighing 25-30 lbs and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
● Strong attention to detail is required
● Team player
● Must be able to follow written and verbal directions
● Must be flexible in hours and days available to work
● Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with multiple interruptions
● To perform this job successfully, candidates must be able to speak, read and write
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. We are unable to sponsor applicants for visas.
Pay, Schedule, and Location
This position is based at The Wheelhouse Hotel located at 3475 N. Clark St. Chicago, IL 60657. The starting hourly pay rate is $12.00. Expected hours will be 3pm-11pm, 5 days per week. The exact days of the week will vary with scheduling and business needs. Scheduled hours may vary or change depending upon department needs.
As we are in the hospitality market, it is expected that all applicants are regularly available for scheduled shifts on weekends and holidays. Requested days off are granted according to business needs.
Benefits include time and a half premium paid on holidays, ability to accrue up to 40 hours of paid sick time per year, and full-time employees are eligible to join the company’s group health insurance plan after 60 days (25% coverage, HMO and PPO options available).
Parking is not available at the hotel; we recommend the use of public transportation only.
All hired employees will be required to participate in pre-opening training; these hours will vary from regular shift hours.